Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week #3

As you can see Brody has found someone to antagonize besides his siblings. He doesn’t even sound like the same kid that arrived in Mexico 3 short weeks ago. Brody told me that he gets to play basketball, volleyball, or kickball for an hour everyday after lunch.  He was able to go to the temple and visit but not go in because it is still closed. I will send some pictures. He told us that he spends 7 hours a day in classes and then has to study from 7:00-9:30 every night with the others in his dorm. He is looking forward to another payson boy arriving tomorrow. Brody Adams is headed to Mexico tomorrow.


Thanks for all of your prayers in Brody's behalf. 




Hello family and friends. i hope you are all doing well and everything is good back at home. its been another long week here at the MTC. My Spanish still sucks but I can bare my testimony somewhat and pray in spanish. its going to take a long time to get the language down but its whatever... I'm half way through the MTC. i am both nervous and excited to go in the field because I think that it will be a lot better than this place but I'm nervous about teaching real investigators in spanish. I feel like I could talk about any topic all day in English but but thats not what I have been called to do. my spanish can only improve and I hope I can be able to get to the point where i can also talk about any topic in spanish. besides the language this past week hasn't been too bad. ive entertained myself by making my companion angry. haha he claims that he has received personal revelation that his future wife is here at the mtc. I won't let him hear the end of it and he gets super mad. haha he is from Minnesota and the thing that makes him the most mad is when I tell him that utah has the most righteous mormons. he tells me to never say that and he gets so mad. i laugh so hard when he gets really mad. one thing that helps me when im having a rough time is seeing and talking to kids that live back in payson like me. I don't think it was a coincidence that me and elder seth colby are here at the same time. becuase there have been times where I have needed to talk to him. I think we were sent here to help eachother out and get through this place together. im always thinking about all of the stuff you guys are doing back at home and i miss you all like crazy. one thing that helps me out here is knowing that i can be with my family forever. and thats exactly what i want to help other families with. knowing that i can be wiht my loved ones forever brings me everlasting happiness and i want others to know and feel of that happiness. sacraficing two years of my life is worth helping families become eternal. If i didnt have the knowledge about eternal families I would be so grateful if someone taught me how I could have never ending happiness with my family. im out here because i want people to have the joy and happiness that the gospel has brought me. I hope youre all doing well and I'll talk to you soon. I love you guys. I'll see you soon.
Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment