Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week #6

This is the last email Brody will be sending while at the MTC. His 6 weeks are up. I am sure his companion is as happy as Brody. I was able to message back and forth today for about 2 hours. He was able to play basketball with Daniel and Brody Adams today. He said it was a pretty good day. He also mentioned that one of Daniels bags is lost somewhere at the MTC, and just our lack it had some of Brody's stuff in it. He was hoping to find it today before he left. He is looking forward to getting back to the united states and buying a real american burger. I asked him about his talk and they basically go to church with a talk prepared and they call a few elders out of the congregation to speak. I have some pictures I will forward in separate emails. Thanks for all of your support this past 6 weeks. It means a lot to Brody. His next email should probably be Monday from Fresno. 


Hello everyone. Well this past week has been pretty eventful. To start off I will tell you why our district had to meet with the MTC president. Haha. So a couple of weeks ago we got chosen by another district to receive a book that has been passed down 65 times and it has stories in it from other peoples experiences at the MTC. No one knew about it except for the two districts that hand it down and receive it. the way you hand it down is you hang a flash light from the ceiling around 10 at night. then you turn all the lights off and have a ritual and hand the book down. but just with our luck two teachers saw us and emailed the president. after 65 times we are the ones that get caught. our teachers were pretty mad at us but the president thought it was kind of cool. So he let us pass it down and continue the tradition, but not in the
 dark. he said that people could be kissing in the dark haha. there is also a sweater that the district leader has to wear the next day, it has never been washed and its been worn 65 times. President Pratt was pretty cool about it surprisingly, look him up. he reminds me of the old turtle on kung fu panda. haha and he usually gives me the chills. the next event is that I had to give a talk on sunday in sacrament meeting in spanish! I spoke and personal revelation. My Spanish is not good at all but I'm ready to get to California. i leave tomorrow at 2 in the morning. its been a long six weeks and I'm ready to leave. another thing that happened this past week is that I got to see my buddy Daniel Reno.
Elder Reno and Elder Jensen
he seems to be doing pretty well. its always good to see my friends and people from back at home. It's crazy to think that i will be in the field tomorrow! i am hoping it will be a good adjustment. this past week I found out that my companion is deathly afraid of spiders haha. i had him standing on the toilet with the door locked because I was guiding a spider around the room with the fly swatter haha. he probably doesn't like me but it was way funny and he was screaming at me almost crying! Oh and today I got my haircut... I will send a picture of it! Let's just say that the lady missed a couple of spots so i had to go do some touch up work with my scissors in my room haha. i want all of you guys to know that I couldn't do this without you.  your support and help keeps me going and it motivates me. I'm always thinking and praying about all of you back at home. I hope you're all doing well. have a great week... and be safe! i love and miss you guys so much!
Love, Elder Jensen


Haircut 

No comments:

Post a Comment