Monday, July 6, 2015

Week #51

Brody is a week away from his one year mark. Who would have thought?!?
We didn't get to chat with him for very long today. He was on early and we didn't expect it. He was headed to play ball later in the afternoon so he got on a little early. You must check out his photos. He was celebrating the 4th of july like no other. We thought he must have been in the local parade. He really missed the trip to the cabin this year. He said next year he wants to go twice to make up for it. Thanks for the support.
                                                                                                                                                                       


Happy Monday everyone! So this past week was pretty crazy and super busy. A lot happened especially over the 4th of July! But I will start at the first of the week... so on Tuesday I gave a training with Elder Lybbert at District Meeting. Elder Lybbert came out with me and was in Mexico with me so we get along pretty well! We gave a training and then after district meeting we went on exchanges. Elder Lybbert came to Lindsay with me and we saw some investigators and had a good time. Last Thursday we had a specialized training or zone conference. It was pretty good and I got to see some Elders that I haven't seen in a while. It was the Southern Zones of the mission. My last 3 companions bore their testimony because they are all going home in 3 weeks! So after this transfer all of my companions will be home! The 4th of July was a crazy day... so to start it off we came to the church and we had a ward breakfast! It was really good and a lot of people came! I took some pictures so I will send them! Then in the afternoon we had a baptism. It was Colleen, she is 62 years old and she was super prepared! She wanted a private baptism so there was only 5 of us there... I don't have any pictures from it though. So on the 4th President Clark told us that we could stay out until 10:30 if we were with a member. So we were invited to a party by a bunch of non members... we couldn't go alone so we went with our ward mission leader, Rey Hurtado. Before we went to the party we helped Rey and the young men go all over town and pick up the flags off of people's yards. Rey only speaks Spanish. While we were getting the flags a crazy big drunk guy came running at me with a beer in his hand cussing me out. Haha he was calling the cops and saying that we were stealing everyone's flags. He was a big guy and he was coming after me! So I told him we weren't stealing them and that we were just picking them up! After that he kept coming at me so I jumped in the van and Rey hit the gas hahaha! The guy was so crazy!! After we got all of the flags we went to the party with Rey and got some food! People were drinking and smoking and all of that stuff so we got the food and went to Rey's house. At Rey's house we lit a few fireworks and broke a pinata. Rey's family is really awesome! Our Fourth of July was pretty eventful! I have one more story from this past week... so yesterday we were riding our bikes and an old lady in her 90's stopped us and asked if we could help her with something. We told her that we are always looking for service. So then we followed her in her car and she pulled off of the road next to a dead cat, and oh my gosh that thing stunk!!! She wanted to get it in a bag and said it was her cat. So I stepped back and let Elder Pugh hold the bag for her while I was dry heaving half way down the block!! Haha it was so nasty, but after we got it in the bag we went to her house and dug a hole in her backyard and buried it! She was so happy and so grateful! So i guess it was worth it haha. I hope you all had a fun 4th of July! I love and miss you all! have a great week!!
- Elder Jensen  






No comments:

Post a Comment