Thursday, October 16, 2014

3 Months

Brody had a good week. He even said that this was probably the best week he has had in the field. He had a zone conference and Elder Nielsen from the seventy was there. Brody said that was the highlight of his week. He has picked up on some of his mothers talents. He is cutting his own hair. Maybe he can get a side job while on his mission cutting hair. This email marks Brody's three month mark. Thanks for all of your support. 

Hello everyone, so this past week was pretty stressful. So the bishop asked us to talk in sacrament on a general conference talk. So I spent three days writing my talk then he assigned us different topics. I then had to start over and write it  the night before. I didn't even get to read through it first! But everything seemed to go fine, oh and the last speaker was an 82 year old man and he commented on how much brown there was in the congregation haha. So last monday I got my haircut, and I looked
 like macklemoore with the sides super short and the top really long. So once again I had to go and cut my hair myself.... I will send pictures of it haha. A story from this past week is that Gurvinder (our investigator) asked us if we could loan him some money for his rent and he would pay us back the next day. We didn't know what to do because we are not suppose to give people money but I wasn't going to let him sleep on the streets. So we prayed that Heavenly Father would provide a way... we didn't know how but that is what we prayed for. We then went to go and find him... and the first thing he said is that he figured out a way to pay his rent! I dont know how it worked out but it did. A couple of nights ago we  had two dinners and you have to eat like three plates when you are with the hispanics or they dont think you like it! I was so full and almost puked!! haha I weighed myself for the first time and I have got to go on a diet! On monday I bought a lot of healthy food! This last week I told my companion I was sick of the work so we came back from a service project and had to shower. When he got in the shower I put a note on his bed that said I was at the movie theater haha. So I then crawled under my bed and waited for him to come in and read the note... he read it and started running through the house and opened the door and was searching for me! I came out and was
laughing so hard! He thought I left! I hope you are all doing well back at  home! Happy anniversary this past week to Kade and Courtney as well! You all have a good week! I love and miss you all!
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment