Tuesday, February 17, 2015

7 Months

Well, we finally heard from Brody today. He is obviously enjoying being with other missionaries. As you can see by the picture attached, he was able to get his first baptism on his 19th birthday. He baptized the youngest girl in the picture. We are thankful that a good member agreed to drive him 2 hours from Winton down to Coalinga to perform the ordinance. The picture is attached to this email. Brody sent several other pictures this time and they will be posted to his blog. Thanks for all of your support. 

Well it has been a pretty crazy and busy week. I am now in Atwater and my area is Winton. We have to bike there everyday and it is a couple miles away. We only have a car 2 days a week. My favorite part of Winton is that we live next to two other companionships. One of them is Elder Pasmino, and he is awesome! We get along so well and have a lot of fun. Winton is another small town but it is all
Spanish. I have met most of the members from the branch and they are really nice. My companion, Elder Jensen is a little bit of an odd ball but it is alright. He has been out for a year and a half. The
other elders are from Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, and Mexico. So I hear a lot of Spanish and they talk so dang fast it's not even funny. Today we got to go to the temple in Fresno with the zone. The big news from this past week is that the Reyes family got baptized in Coalinga. I didn't find a ride until the night before, I am so lucky that I got to go down there for the baptism. We left at 8 in the morning and got back at 5 at night because we went to church in Coalinga. It was weird to go back to church there. The ride to Coalinga was about 2 hours there and 2 hours back. I have got to eat with some of the members here and they are all really nice. I have some pictures to send. this week is gonna be a short email, but I love and miss you all more than anything. I hope you have a good week. 
Elder Jensen


Reyes Family Baptism 




Spicy Peppers 

Sword
Elder Jensen with Coalinga members and investigators: 













No comments:

Post a Comment