Monday, February 9, 2015

Week #30

So it has been an interesting day today. In our messaging back and forth with Brody we felt that he is doing pretty good. We also had the opportunity to go to dinner tonight with Gurvinder, Brody's investigator. I can totally see why he and Brody became such good friends. Gurvinder filled us in on how Brody has been doing in the mission field. It was great to hear his stories. We all laughed because Gurvinder was dead on with Brody's mannerisms, personality traits, and yes, his bossy attitude. As you can tell by Brody's email, two big things have finally happened for him. Thanks for all of your support. I have a couple of pictures that I will have put on his blog. 

How are you all doing? This past week was alright. On Tuesday we had district meeting and I had to give a training on The role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. It all went really well after that we did exchanges again. I came to Coalinga with Elder Morrow. We had a pretty good time and we both got burritos de lengua which is burritos with cow tongue. It was alright but regular meat is probably better. the next day we exchanged back and Elder Falslev and I saw a couple of people. We also did some service for a lady in the ward by cleaning up her shed, we were killing black widows like crazy. On Saturday and Sunday met with The Reyes family and they are solid to be baptized next sunday! I understand most of the lesson in Spanish, it is frustrating when I don't know what is going on though, but hispanics are really nice and they are so happy when you are trying to learn their language. They always tell us how grateful they are that we are trying to learn Spanish. Now for the big news of the week... we got transfer calls saturday night. And after 6 months in Coalinga, I am going to a town called Winton. It is up past Fresno and by Merced. I am going to be in a Spanish branch which I am somewhat nervous about but hopefully everything will go well and my Spanish will pick up because Coalinga is pretty much an english area. My new companion's name is Elder Jensen, we are gonna get told that we have the same first and last name so many times, because everyone thinks our first name is Elder. I am hoping to make it back to Coalinga next Sunday for the Reyes family baptism because Sophia asked me to baptize her. The only problem is that it will be almost 2 hours away, but hopefully we can make it. I hope you all have a good week. I love and miss you all. 
Elder Jensen

District Picture

Elder Jensen with the Auguyo girls


No comments:

Post a Comment