Monday, February 23, 2015

Week #32

Brody sounds pretty positive about his new area. Check out the pictures of the grasshoppers he had to eat. Who would have thought?!? He is living in Atwater and has to ride his bike into Winton everyday to his area. He emailed us a little earlier today and we weren't prepared for it. We didn't get to chat for very long. He was on his way to Merced to do some shopping. Thanks for your support. 



Hello everyone, how are you all doing? This past week was alright. Winton is a pretty small town and we bike to it everyday. We don't have a lot of investigators as of now but we are hoping to find some more. We are trying to work with less actives. The branch President is a really nice old man and he is always smiling. So this past week we had a family home evening with one of the families that is investigating and they are awesome. It is the Cortez family. They love the missionaries and we have a good time with them. Also this past week we had a chilli cook off with some other wards, the missionaries were the judges and some of the chilli was so dang spicy. But I have been told that the more spicy food you eat, the faster you will learn spanish haha. My favorite thing that happened this past week was that I got to go on an exchange with my District Leader. His name is Elder Mo'o, he is awesome! He is from Syracuse, Utah and played for their football team. We had a lot of fun together! Everyday out here we go and do two hours of service for a navial airforce museum thing, it is nice. We get to polish old war plains and do many different service activities. So being the new Elder in the area I got asked to speak on Sunday of course, haha I was pretty nervous to speak in Spanish but it was alright. I had one of the Hispanic elders help me write my talk! The branch is about the same size as the Coalinga ward so it isn't too different, other than the Spanish. One crazy thing that happened this past week is that I ate grasshoppers at dinner. The food is definitely different here as compared to Coalinga. The grasshoppers were pretty nasty. The big news that we found out about is that on March 21 an Apostle is coming to our mission and is gonna talk with us!!!!!!!!!! We don't know which one yet but it will be awesome!! That's about all that happened this past week. I want to thank everyone that sent me a card for my birthday!! I love and miss you all! Have a good week!! Elder Jensen





  

No comments:

Post a Comment