Monday, September 8, 2014

Two Months

Not a lot to add to this one. Brody did tell me that he lives in an apartment across the street from the college. His companion is from farmington and has been out 19 months. They are the only two missionaries in the area and they are both new to the area so Brody tells me they have a lot of catching up to do. I have a couple pictures that I will send in another email. Thanks for your support. 


Hello everyone. So I have two stories this week for you. So the first one is pretty sad... me and my companion were teaching this old lady on her porch that is a recent convert. She was talking how she has no family and cant even remember what her daughter looks like. It was really sad... and then her 3 grandchildren walked by on their way home from school. she asked them to come and give her a hug and the girl and grandma started crying when the girl said, "we cant or we will be grounded and can never come over again." I started tearing up on her porch because she couldn't hug her grandchildren. it was really sad, but we said a prayer with her and tried to comfort her. so... the next story is the opposite of sad. we were teaching two older people on their porch and some guy that must have been drunk walked up and said, "Oh the Mormon children, are you guys talking about me?" and we said no we are talking about jesus Christ. And he said, "no I think you're talking about me and someone is gonna get cut!" He had his hand in his pocket like he had a knife and me and my companion were kinda trapped. and I was right by the crazy guy with my companion behind me. I thought I was gonna get "cut" haha. luckily he eventually left and I bet you can all imagine how fast I got out of that neighborhood. I am so grateful that I was protected. this past week we have also been teaching a couple of investigating families.
It is hard because they all have a strong catholic background, but we are hoping they will come to know the truth. I have also got to play soccer with the little Mexicans a couple of times. Not much else is going on here. I hope you are all doing well and having fun. you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love and miss you all. ill see you all soon. Love, Elder Jensen 
Happy 21st birthday to kade tomorrow!!




In the apartment 



No comments:

Post a Comment