Monday, September 15, 2014

Week #9

In messaging with Brody I could sense his frustration. He told me that he has some investigators but they are to lazy to go to church. He said that the language is pretty tough and as you all know, Brody doesn't like to be told what to do. Please keep him in your prayers this week. Thanks. 

How is everyone doing back in Utah? things here are pretty boring. the only good thing about this past week is that I got to go on exchanges and went with an English speaking missionary.
I liked it a lot better because I actually knew what was going on and I could contribute more to the lesson. I wish I didn't have to come back to Coalinga and speak spanish. its really hard and really frustrating. they actually thought about closing down Coalinga a while ago because there is not a lot of success and its a tough town. the one thing I have learned this past week is that companions are hard... I have not really been getting along with my companion. He always has to be right and has to be "smarter". Like he makes me do stupid stuff because it will be good "practice". Like fill the car with gas or call someone on the phone or just dumb stuff like that.
Elder Jones, Elder Jensen and
the mini missionary for the weekend
He acts like I don't know how to do anything... so yeah we fight quite a bit haha. When I went on splits my other companion Elder Jones was really cool and we got along great. That's why I didn't want to come back to Coalinga. Another thing that happened this past week is a thing called "special ops" its when a priest from the stake gets to come on like a mini mission and come with the missionaries for the weekend. So me and Elder Jones were with a 17 year old for the weekend. I will send a picture of us three. While I was on exchanges there were more people in the other wards priesthood than Coalinga's sacrament. It's been a really rough week... I'm always thinking and praying about all of you guys back at home. I love and miss you all. I hope you have a good week! -Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment