Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #10

Brody mentioned that things are a little better this week. He had a few investigators attend church with him. He was able to go on splits with Elder Winterton. 
For those of you that know Brody, can you imagine him being the one that wants to "bend" the rules…me neither. 
Thanks for your support and prayers in Brody's behalf. 

Well it's been another long and tough week in Coalinga. There hasn't been much going on here except drug busts and gun shots every once in a while. It's a really tough area and it can be frustrating. The only good thing is that we had around 3 or 4 investigators at church yesterday. We hope that they keep progressing. The days are pretty long here... we wake up and run and then we have 4 hours of studies before we even get out of the apartment. I absolutely HATE studies. My companion is always so positive and happy and it can drive me crazy haha because like most of you know I am usually not the most positive. haha he gets mad at me when I look at the magazine covers in the store or if I try to peek through peoples windows to see the score to the football games. like the other day we were walking down the street and someone was playing some Brad Paisley music and i started to walk really slow so I could hear the music and my companion noticed and made me walk faster haha. its hard to not be able to watch tv, and listen to music and do other worldly things. I told my companion that he is lucky that he is not rebellious or we would be "bending" the rules a lot. this past week I went on exchanges and led the area with Elder Winterton, we got offered some Bud's on a porch while teaching to drunk guys. The other event this past week is that I had my first zone conference. there's not a lot to report on this week. I miss each and every one of you back at home. I hope you are all doing well and I'll talk to you soon. I love you guys. 
Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment