Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 24

We were able to Skype Brody on Christmas. It was great to see him. He was in good spirits (until the end). He was appreciative of those who sent him gifts for Christmas. He also revealed that he has put on about 15 pounds. That might not seem like a lot, but Brody tried forever to gain weight. He is staying in Coalinga. He mentioned in our conversation that he will have spent at least 25% of his mission in the same place. I asked him why he doesn't say something, and he replied that the president would just say the lord has work for you there. Thanks for all of your prayers and support for Brody. We hope you all had a Merry Christmas. 


Well how was everyone's Christmas? We had about three Christmas dinners. On Christmas day we got to watch Frozen haha. We still had to wake up at 6:30, I want to thank everyone who sent me something for Christmas! On Christmas Day I got to Skype with my family and it was so weird and unreal. Christmas day was pretty rough out here in Coalinga. Anyways, all of our investigators are bums. They won't do the stuff that they need to do to progress. Elder Falslev and I talked about dropping everyone and just starting over haha. It seems like it takes a tragedy for someone to want to change which is pretty sad. We haven't been having success out here all that much. One day we were teaching a hispanic family (they are members) and the dad wasn't home so we just taught the mom and kids outside on the porch. The mom kept grabbing stuff off of me while we were teaching....I wasn't sure what it was at first but then I realized that she was picking cockroaches off of me! They were crawling up my pants and on my shirt! haha I don't know how people live like that. We also taught a hispanic family that eventually wants to get baptized after the parents get married. The mission reached the goal of 1,000 baptisms this year with 1,001. We also had transfer calls on Saturday... and I am staying here in Coalinga again! I think President Clark just forgot about me way out here in Coalinga. Elder Falslev is also staying and becoming a district leader so I will have to go on a lot of exchanges. Yesterday after church a hispanic member told us to wait there for a while... he came back and gave us carne asada burritos from the restaurant haha. I hope you all have a good week and a happy new year. I love and miss you all! 
Elder Jensen
The District 

No comments:

Post a Comment