Monday, December 1, 2014

Week #20

Brody celebrated Thanksgiving this week a few times. The food was the same but the people were different. After chatting back and forth, I think the Holidays will get Brody a little homesick. Please keep him in your prayers. 


This past week had some pretty crazy parts. So to start off we went over to a member's home for Thanksgiving and as she pulled the turkey out of the oven it slipped onto the ground. So we didn't have turkey for our thanksgiving dinner!! Haha but luckily as missionaries we had like 3 thanksgiving dinners and got plenty of turkey. The next thing that happened was a gay guy knocked on our door with a girl... she asked if she could take a shower in our apartment. We told her no and the gay guy wanted our number! Me and Elder Falslev slammed the door and started gagging. Now for the scary part... so two nights ago I woke up at 2 in the morning because I heard people running and yelling outside of my window. I looked out and saw a bunch of guys. Come to find out they were Nortenos (gangsters) and they jumped someone and kicked in a door. There were about 10 of them and the college football team ran them off. It was a pretty crazy night. Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on the resurrection. A family that we have been working with came to church! They are a hispanic family, The Reyes family. Gurvinder is still doing really well and hasn't had coffee for a week. When Elder Falslev got here I had Gurvinder banging on the door screaming, "Where's my money!?" Elder Falslev was pretty scared and freaked out. Gurvinder and I planned to scare him like that. this next week we get to go to the Fresno Temple, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope you all had a good thanksgiving. I love and miss you all
Elder Jensen

Thanksgiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment